|Online Slot Machine||Age of the Gods Athena Goddess of Wisdom|
|Slot Provider||Playtech Casino Software|
Age of the Gods Goddess of Wisdom is the latest jackpot slot in the Age of the Gods series released by Playtech. Goddess of Wisdom is based on Athena and is a 5 reel 20 line progressive jackpot slot.
What do you need to know?
Athena herself acts as the Wild symbol.
The White Owl symbol is the scatter and landing 3 scatters gets you into the free spins round. Here you can choose one of 3 options:
- Medusa = 10 free spins with a x1 multiplier
- Breast Plate = 14 free spins with a x2 multiplier
- Warriors Helmet = 7 free spins with a x4 multiplier
You may be wondering why Medusa gives less free spins than the breast plate which has a better multiplier? Well during free spins not only are all wilds expanding but your chosen symbol replaces the other two symbols so by choosing Medusa, the highest paying regular symbol, you have the chance of monster wins.
Now personally I would play the safe option and take the 14 spins with a x2 multiplier. While the really really big wins are not going to be as high as the other two options, you are definitely going to get good enough returns and far more consistent.
I was expecting the Goddess of Power slot to be an updated version of the classic Captain America slot however while it does share some of the elements it is actually a brand new slot design and a very exciting one at that. This might well be the Age of the Gods slot we are looking forward to the most. We’ll be bringing you more information as and when we get it!
Edit: Goddess of Wisdom is actually a reworking of the Elektra Marvel slot. Strange choice, especially considering Athena took over the Captain Marvel role in the Age of the Gods slot. The Captain America slot is a lot more fun than Elektra although the potential for huge wins is greater in Elektra. Not entirely sure what to make of this, possibly a little bit on the lazy side from Playtech as the graphics and animations needed for a Captain America re-make would have taken much longer.
Age of the Gods Athena Goddess of Wisdom slot preview (Playtech)
Playtech have just leaked some very exciting information to us that they are set to release an epic new suite of slots called “Age of the gods” with 7 slots set to be released in total, the first being “Zeus” with a release date in April 2016. Athena looks to be the Captain America replacement. Now Captain America is not one of my favourite Marvel jackpot slots as it does look and feel rather dated, however the gameplay is actually very good. So with this jackpot slot brought up to date I can actually see it being hugely popular! Certainly one I’ll be giving more time to than I ever did Captain America.
We are really excited by this news, following hot on in the footsteps of Ace Ventura as well as the massive announcement of a Warner Brothers / DC Comics deal, 2016 is surely set to be the year that Playtech return to the top table of online slot manufacturers.
The Age of Gods progressive jackpot network is set as the replacement to the Marvel progressive jackpot network (Disney pulled Marvel from any gambling related activities meaning once the Playtech Marvel contract ends this summer, the Marvel slots will disappear).
“Spin for mythical wins with the Age of the Gods suite!
Start playing this collection of godlike games for a host of features, including 4 divine Progressive Jackpots that can be won on any spin, in any game!
Unleash the thunderous fury of Zeus for locked Wild Free Games with an increasing win multiplier!
Harness the strength of Hercules for re-spins with 3 reels of expanded Wilds and tripled wins in Free Games!
Discover incredible features and extended Free Games in Furious 4.
Fight for justice with Athena for 3 Free Games modes, expanding Wilds and win multipliers!
Weave wins with the Fate Sisters, and spin on Mount Olympus with Age Of The Gods Roulette.
Coming soon to you’re favorite Playtech Casino!”
Age of the Gods™ Goddess of Wisdom
5-Reel 20-line Slot
The objective of Age of the Gods™ Goddess of Wisdom is to obtain winning symbol combinations by spinning the reels.
To play the game:
- Line bets are chosen by clicking + and – below Line Bet to increase or decrease the amount.
- Paylines can be activated and their shape displayed by progressively clicking + and – below Lines.
- Total bet per game round = line bet X active paylines.
- Clicking Spin spins the reels with the currently selected bet. During the reel spin the Spin button changes into Stop. Clicking Stop ends the spin animation and immediately displays the spin result.
- Reels can also be spun using the Auto Play function. Mouse over the Auto Play button to display the list of options. Select the number of spins to be played automatically. Clicking on an option starts the Auto Play function. The Auto Play button changes into Stop during the Auto Play mode. The Auto Play mode ends when the reels have been spun the number of times determined by the player, or when you click Stop.
- Clicking the Turbo Mode button switches on or off the Turbo Mode thus turning on or off some of the win animations and sounds, and making the reels spin faster or slower. When the Turbo Mode is active, the button changes to Turbo On. Clicking Turbo On ends the Turbo Mode and resumes the normal game.
- Wins are calculated according to the paytable. Line win = line bet X corresponding multiplier according to the paytable. Scatter win = total bet X corresponding multiplier according to the paytable. The paytable can be accessed via the Info page.
- On a given payline, only the highest payline winning combination pays while simultaneous winnings on different paylines are accumulated.
- In the case of a winning spin, a win ticker appears over the reels and displays the accumulating winnings. The Win ticker can be stopped by clicking anywhere on the screen to display the total win amount immediately.
- Once the win ticker disappears, the total win amount is shown in the Win field under the reels.
- Clicking Info opens the reference screen describing different game components. Clicking the arrow buttons on either side of the screen navigates between the different info screens.
- The Wild and Scatter screen describes where these symbols appear, what their behaviour is and what the payout of the Scatter symbol is.
- The Battle Game screen explains how this feature works.
- The Symbols Payout screens show all winning combinations. When opened after a winning spin, the winning symbol combinations (number of symbols and bet multiplier) are highlighted and blink.
- The Age of the Gods Jackpot screen describes how to win entry to the Age of the Gods Jackpot game that awards one of four jackpots, and explains the game’s rules.
- The Paylines screen illustrates all possible payline combinations and explains the payout rules in the game.
- Clicking X at the top right corner of the current Info screen closes the screen and returns to the game.
- Active paylines are represented by lines that appear over the reels as illustrated in the Paylines screen of the Info page.
- Only active paylines can register wins.
- There is a difference between the line bet and the total bet. The line bet shows how much is being bet on a single payline. The total bet shows how much is being bet in total on the game round. Payouts shown in the paytable are multiplied by the line bet.
The Scatter symbol is an exception to these rules. More information about the Scatter symbol can be found below.
- Payouts are listed on the Symbols Payout screens. To find the possible win amount, the line bet must be multiplied by the payout.
- If two payline winning combinations occur on the same line, the higher of them is paid out. If more than one active payline has a winning combination, the winnings are added up.
- Winning combinations can only be on an active payline, must start from the leftmost reel and the symbols have to be consecutive.
The Scatter symbol is an exception to these rules. More information about the Scatter symbol can be found below.
The Wild symbol in the game is the symbol.
The Wild symbol appears on reels #2, #3 and #4 both during main game and the Free Games and can stand for all symbols, other than , to make the best possible winning combinations.
symbols have no payout of their own.
The Scatter symbol in the game is the symbol.
Scatter symbols do not have to occur on any particular payline.
If there are 2 or more Scatter symbols in the spin results, the payout earned is multiplied by the total bet and added to payline winnings.
If 3 or more Scatter symbols appear on the reels, the Battle Game is triggered. More information about the Battle Game can be found below.
3 or more Scatter symbols in any positions on the reels trigger the Battle Game.
After a short pause, the feature begins automatically.
The screen changes automatically to a graphic screen that shows the 3 game modes to choose from:
- Clicking on the Shield symbol activates 10 Free Games with no multiplier. During this Battle Game mode, all Helmet and Armor symbols on the reels are substituted by the Shield symbol.
- Clicking on the Helmet symbol activates 7 Free Games with multiplier x4. During this Battle Game mode, all Shield and Armor symbols on the reels are substituted by the Helmet symbol.
- Clicking on the Armor symbol activates 14 Free Games with multiplier x2. During this Battle Game mode, all Helmet and Shield symbols on the reels are substituted by the Armor symbol.
Selecting 1 of the 3 symbols takes you to the Free Games reels, which start to spin automatically.
The Wild symbol becomes Expanding Wild during Free Games. Whenever the Wild symbol appears anywhere on a reel and creates a winning combination in that position, it expands to cover the entire reel. All positions on this reel become Wild. All resulting winning combinations are paid.
During the Free Games, the reels are spun automatically using the same bet per line as on the spin that won the Battle Game. After each spin, the win is displayed in the Win field. The Free Games field shows the remaining spins until the end of the Battle Game round.
The Free Games cannot be retriggered. If 3 or more Scatter symbols appear in any position on the reels during Free Games, a payout is won but more Free Games are not triggered.
After all Free Games have been completed, a result board shows the Battle Game round winnings.
Clicking Continue will return you to the main game.
When returning to the main game, clicking anywhere on the screen stops the win ticker and displays the full prize. Free Games wins are added to the payline and Scatter wins.
If the Battle Game feature was triggered during Auto Play mode then the Battle Game round will begin automatically. When all Free Games have been played and the player clicks Continue on the screen summarizing the Battle Game win, the Auto Play mode resumes with any spins left to complete. When returning to the main game, clicking anywhere on the screen stops the win ticker and displays the full prize.
Age of the Gods Jackpot
This game is linked to the Age of the Gods Jackpot, which shares the same pot as the Marvel Jackpot.
The Age of the Gods Jackpot is a multi-level mystery progressive jackpot that is linked to the Age of Gods series of games. A small percentage of each bet placed in any of the Age of Gods games is added to the progressive jackpot. The percentage of all bets placed is split between four jackpot levels, which are displayed in the upper part of the game screen, above the reels.
Any level of the Age of the Gods Jackpot can be won through the jackpot game, which can be triggered randomly after any main game spin in any of the Age of Gods series of games. It is not triggered by any symbol combination, and even a main game spin that does not result in a win can trigger the jackpot game. Triggering the jackpot game is possible at any bet size, but the chances increase or decrease proportionally with the size of the bet.
Entering the jackpot game guarantees a win of one of the four jackpots: Power Jackpot, Extra Power Jackpot, Super Power Jackpot and Ultimate Power Jackpot. The four different jackpot levels represent different prize amounts, with the Power Jackpot awarding the smallest prize and the Ultimate Power Jackpot awarding the highest.
The jackpot game screen shows 20 face down coins. Clicking on a coin will reveal one of four jackpot symbols. Each jackpot symbol corresponds to one of the four progressive jackpots. Once three matching symbols have been revealed, the corresponding jackpot level will be awarded. The jackpot winnings are added to the main game winnings (if any) and are displayed in the Win field together with any other winnings.
The Age of the Gods Jackpot game has a timeout timer. If a matching set of coins is not revealed by the player before the set amount of time elapses, coins will be revealed automatically and the corresponding jackpot will be awarded.
The Jackpot for this game works like this:
|Seed (how much money the Jackpots start out with):||Power: €50
Extra Power: €500
Super Power: €5,000
Ultimate Power: €100,000
|Contribution rate (what percentage of each bet goes into Jackpot):||0.99%|
|Win condition (the result you have to get to win the Jackpot):||Entering the jackpot game guarantees a win. Match 3 jackpot symbols of the corresponding Jackpot or wait for the timer to run out.|
|Win requirements (what you need to do to be eligible for the Jackpot):||Play a game linked to the Age of the Gods Jackpot.|
- The seed and Jackpot values are in Euros in the progressive network and their value in your local currency is dependent on the currency exchange rate.
- The mechanics of Age of the Gods Jackpot prohibit simultaneous jackpot winnings.
- Imperfections in the Internet connectivity may cause you to experience delays in Jackpot messages or updates, but they do not affect actual Jackpot wins.
Return to Player
The minimum theoretical return to player (RTP) percentage is 93.89% and the maximum theoretical return to player (RTP) percentage that includes the jackpot contribution is 94.94%.
|Info||Open the reference screen that describes the different game components.|
|Lines + and – buttons||Increase or decrease the number of active paylines.|
|Line Bet + and – buttons||Increase or decrease the bet per line.|
|Auto Play / Stop||Spin the reels a number of times in succession. / End the active Auto Play reelspin mode.|
|Spin / Stop||Spin the reels. / Stop the reelspin animation and immediately display the spin result. In the active Auto Play mode stop the reelspin animation and immediately display the result. Clicking Stop in the active Auto Play mode does not end the Auto Play reelspin mode.|
|Turbo Mode / Turbo On||Turn on the Turbo Mode, available during the main game only. / End the Turbo Mode and resumes the normal game.|
The lower and upper edges of the game window hold the casino toolbars. These toolbars contain a number of menus and buttons that allow you to change client settings or take advantage of the various features available in the casino client.
The bottom toolbar contains the following:
|Your account balance. This is the money you can use to play the casino games.|
|Clicking this button opens the Cashier window, where you can make deposits and withdrawals, see your transaction history, etc.|
|This button appears only in Fun and Anonymous modes. Clicking it will take you to the Real Money account creation page. If you already have a Real Money account, it will take you to the Play for Real Money login screen.|
The top toolbar contains the following:
|Next to this icon is the quick launch menu. Mouse over any category to see the available games in that category. Click on any game to launch that game.|
|Game Master is a feature that enables you to find your next game adventure! It contains various game categories from which you can choose games to play.
To open the Game Master window, click on the . If the Game Master promotion banner is displayed, click on the banner to open the Game Master window.
If a category contains more games than can be displayed at once, arrow buttons will appear when you hover over the category. Click on the arrow buttons to navigate through the games.
When you have found your desired game, click on the appropriate game icon to start the game.
Click the ‘X’ icon to exit the Game Master window.
|Mouse over this icon to open the Favorites menu. The menu contains the following:
||Clicking this button will disable/enable sound effects.
Mouse over the sound icon to slide open the sound volume slider, where you can adjust the volume.
|Mouse over this icon to open the Tools menu. The menu contains the following:
|Clicking this button changes the game to full screen.|
|Clicking this button closes the game window and takes you back to the Menu.|
If multigame view is enabled for this game the top toolbar also contains the following buttons:
|Clicking this button opens the 2-game view.|
|Clicking this button opens the 4-game view.|
|Clicking this button closes the multigame view and takes you back to the regular view.|
Please note that it is not possible to open more than one copy of the same game in multigame view. Shortcut keys are disabled in multigame view.
The Gadget opening bar is displayed on the right side of the game window when at least one gadget is enabled. Clicking on the opening bar opens the Gadget bar menu. The Gadget bar can contain mini games and various special offers. Only one gadget can be opened at a time. Clicking on another Gadget closes the previous one.
Note on disconnections:
- If you are disconnected from the Internet in the middle of the main game, the spin will be automatically completed. If you re-open the game, it will start from the very beginning. Your previous wins will be paid and you can click the History button to see the outcome of your previous round after you log back into the casino.
- If you are disconnected from the Internet during the Battle Game before you have made your pick, you will be directed back to the same stage so that you can choose. If you have already made your pick, you will be directed to the Free Games reels, which will start to spin automatically.
- If you are disconnected from the Internet during the Free Games, you will be automatically directed back to the game after you log back into the casino, so you can continue the game from the next spin. Your previous wins will be paid and you can click the History button to see the outcome of your previous round after you log back into the casino.
- If you are disconnected from the Internet during an Age of the Gods Jackpot game, the game will award you your prize. The Jackpot win will be displayed on the next login.
- If you are disconnected from the Internet during a spin using the Auto Play function, the spin will be automatically completed, but further spins will not automatically commence. You can click the History button to see the outcome of your previous round after you log back into the casino.
Note on malfunctions: A malfunction voids all pays and plays.
Note on unresolved bets: Unresolved bets placed become void after 90 days.
More info on different kinds of Slot Machines:
Slot Machine Variants